New Zealand National Bibliography
000 Generalities 4
100 Philosophy 7
200 Religion 10
300 Social Science 15
400 Language 93
500 Science 116
600 Technology 148
700 Arts 171
800 Literature 193
900 History 195
NZ82X New Zealand Literature 205
Items Without Dewey Classification 225
Author Index 285
The New Zealand National Bibliography (NZNB) contains catalogue records for the New Zealand imprint. It is produced monthly (12 issues per year). The National Library of New Zealand has responsibility for producing the Bibliography. Most of the material listed is received by the National Library of New Zealand under the Legal Deposit provisions of the National Library Act 1965, Section 30A, amended 1994. It includes New Zealand and Tokelau books, serials, newspapers, music, maps, videos, sound recordings, kits, and pictures. Items are included after they have been received at the National Library and will be included if published in the current or preceding five years. The catalogue records produced meet international standards
This document contains all the items that have been catalogued during the month of August 2003 Prices and availability are given where known. The items are grouped under the main subject schedules of the Dewey Decimal Classification system. Within each subject grouping the items are arranged alphabetically by title.
A selective, annotated bibliography for Hector's dolphin (Cephalorhynchus hectori) / Emmanuelle Martinez and Elisabeth Slooten. - Wellington, N.Z. : Dept. of Conservation, c2003. - 40 p. ; 30 cm.
Includes bibliographical references.
ISBN 0478224451 (pbk.) : Gratis
1. Hector's dolphin--Bibliography. I. Slooten, Elisabeth. II. New Zealand. Dept. of Conservation. III. DOC science internal series ; 124.
An annotated bibliography of scientific publications on the risks associated with genetic modification / by M. Morris and S. Weaver. - [Wellington, N.Z.] : School of Earth Sciences, Victoria University of Wellington,  - 27 leaves ; 30 cm.
ISBN $15.00 (spiral binding)
1. Genetic engineering--Risk assessment--Bibliography. 2. Transgenic organisms--Risk assessment--Bibliography. 3. Environmental risk assessment--Bibliography. I. Weaver, Sean, 1965- II. Victoria University of Wellington. School of Earth Sciences. III. Research report (Victoria University of Wellington. School of Earth Sciences) ; no. 21.
Institute for Early Childhood Studies.
Archive catalogue, August 2002. - Wellington, N.Z. : Institute for Early Childhood Studies,  - 32 p. ; 30 cm.
Cover title. - Rev. ed. of: Catalogue of early childhood archive collections, books and reports. March 2000.
ISBN $12.00 (spiral binding)
1. Early Childhood Archive--Catalogs. 2. Institute for Early Childhood Studies--Archives--Catalogs. 3. Early childhood education--Catalogs. 4. Education, Preschool--Catalogs. 5. Child development--Catalogs. I. Institute for Early Childhood Studies. Catalogue of early childhood archive collections, books and reports.
Computing for end-users / Department of Information Science - Dunedin, N.Z. : Alpha-Omega Group, S.A. - Vol. 7, no. 2 (2nd semester, 2003) - v. : ill. ; 21 cm.
Title from cover. - Vol. 7, no. 2 also designated 7th ed., 2nd semester.
Alpha-Omega Group, S.A., P.O. Box 6079, Dunedin, N.Z. $20.00 (per annum), $10.00 (per issue)
1. End-user computing--Problems, exercises, etc.--Periodicals. I. University of Otago. Dept. of Information Science. II. At head of title: COMP202 III. COMP202 computing for end-users
Kasabov, Nikola K.
Evolving connectionist systems : methods and applications in bioinformatics, brain study and intelligent machines / Nikola Kasabov. - London : Springer, c2003. - 304 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
New Zealand author. - Includes bibliographical references (p. 275-289) and index.
ISBN 1852334002 (pbk.) : ¹55.00
1. Neural computers. 2. Brain--Computer simulation. 3. Bioinformatics. 4. Artificial intelligence. I. Perspectives in neural computing.
Institute for Early Childhood Studies.
Historical collection / compiled by Leonid Grebennikov. - Wellington, N.Z. : Institute for Early Childhood Studies,  - 72 p. ; 30 cm.
Cover title. - "August, 2002." - "This collection represents discontinued holdings donated to the Institute for Early Childhood Studies by a number of libraries"--P. .
ISBN $12.00 (spiral binding)
1. Institute for Early Childhood Studies--Catalogs. 2. Early childhood education--Bibliography--Catalogs. 3. Education, Preschool--Bibliography--Catalogs. 4. Child development--Bibliography--Catalogs. I. Grebennikov, Leonid.
Price, Cheryl, 1945-
Learning Excel 2002 : the easy way. Level 2 / by Cheryl Price and Julia Wix. - Auckland, N.Z. : Software Educational Resources, c2002. - v, 193, 8 p. : ill. ; 30 cm.
"Hands on instruction. A complete, easy to follow course. Written in plain English"--Cover. - "Software tutorial books"--Back cover. - Retrievable exercise files to use with this book available for free download from the World Wide Web. - Includes index. - Covers Unit Standard 2785- Business information processing (level 3, credit 5).
ISBN 1877331376 (spiral binding) : $34.95
1. Microsoft Excel (Computer file) 2. Electronic spreadsheets--Problems, exercises, etc. I. Wix, Julia, 1972- II. Excel 2002 III. Step by step learning series
NetSafe Conference (2nd : 2003 : Auckland, N.Z.)
NetSafe II Conference : society, safety and the internet : 9-12 July 2003, Auckland, New Zealand. - [Waiheke Island, N.Z.] : NetSafe, c2003. - 237 p. : ill. ; 30 cm.
Cover title. - Editors: Cathy Gunn, Ilene Berson. - Includes bibliographical references.
ISBN 0958370265 (spiral binding) : $25.00
Internet Safety Group, PO Box 58, Oneroa, Waiheke Island, Auckland, N.Z.
1. Internet--New Zealand--Safety measures--Congresses. 2. Internet--Security measures--New Zealand--Congresses. 3. Internet and children--New Zealand--Congresses. I. Gunn, Cathy. II. Berson, Ilene R. III. Internet Safety Group.
NetSafe kit for schools [kit]. - [Waiheke Island, N.Z.] : NetSafe The Internet Safety Group, c2003. - 1 book (39 p. ; 30 cm.), 1 CD-ROM, 2 posters, 2 pamphlets.
CD-ROM, posters, and pamphlets in pocket inside back cover of book. - Compact disc contains entire contents of printed kit, plus handouts for primary and secondary students and parents, cybersafety policy and use agreements. - "Designed to help schools educate their school community (students, staff and parents) and establish the infrastructure needed to provide a cybersafe learning environment"--Book, p. 5. - Also available via the World Wide Web.
ISBN Gratis to schools, libraries and community groups
1. Internet and teenagers--New Zealand--Safety measures. 2. Internet and children--New Zealand--Safety measures. 3. Safety education. I. Internet Safety Group.
Paynter, John, 1955-
The impact of gender and ethnicity on participation in IT / John Paynter, Winnie Wong. - Auckland, N.Z. : Dept. of Management Science and Information Systems [University of Auckland, 2002] -  leaves : ill. ; 30 cm.
"December 2002." - Includes bibliographical references (leaf ).
ISBN $20.00 (pbk.)
1. Computers and women. 2. Minorities in technology. 3. Information technology--Study and teaching (Higher) 4. Information technology--Social aspects. I. Wong, Winnie. II. University of Auckland. Dept. of Management Science and Information Systems. III. Working paper (University of Auckland. Dept. of Management Science and Information Systems) ; no. 248.
Selkirk, John, 1951-
Through the lens : three decades of New Zealand news photography / Ian Stuart, author ; John Selkirk, photographer. - Auckland, N.Z. : Reed, 2003. - p. cm.
Retrospective of photographs with extended captions capturing major news events in New Zealand since 1970.
ISBN 0790009277 (pbk.) : $49.95
1. Photojournalism--New Zealand. 2. New Zealand--History--1945---Pictorial works. I. Stuart, Ian, 1950-