ACHARYA NAGARJUNA UNIVERSITY: NAGARJUNA NAGAR
FOUR - YEAR B.TECH. DEGREE COURSE
(Effective from the batch of students admitted into first year in the academic year 2004-2005).
A candidate seeking admission into First Year of B.Tech. Degree Course should have passed either Intermediate examination conducted by the Board of Intermediate Education of Andhra Pradesh with Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry as optional subjects (or any equivalent examination recognized by the Nagarjuna University) or Diploma in Engineering in the relevant branch conducted by the Board of Technical Education of Andhra Pradesh (or equivalent Diploma recognized by Nagarjuna University).
The selection is based on the rank secured by the candidate at the EAMCET / ECET (FDH) examination conducted by A.P. State Council of Higher Education.
The candidate shall also satisfy any other eligibility requirements stipulated by the Nagarjuna University and / or the Government of Andhra Pradesh from time to time.
2.1. The B.Tech. Course is offered in the following branches of study at one or more of the affiliated colleges:
e) Electronics & Communication Engineering
f) Electronics & Computer Engineering
The duration of the Course is four academic years consisting of two semesters in each academic year except for the first year. The medium of instruction and examination is English.
The first year shall consist of a minimum number of 150 instruction days and each semester of 2nd, 3rd and 4th years shall consist of days of instruction excluding the days allotted for tests, examinations and preparation holidays.
For Drawing subject (Engineering Graphics), 7 marks shall be awarded based on day-to-day class work and the remaining 18 marks based on the best two performances in the three Mid Term Exams. No separate Assignment Tests will be held for this subject.
The remaining 5 marks out of the 30 marks allotted for the internal sessional marks are allotted for attendance in the respective theory and drawing subjects in a graded manner as indicated in 7.1 (a) from I year to IV year w.e.f. the academic year 2004-05.
In each of the Semesters of 2nd, 3rd and 4th years, there shall be two Mid Term examinations and two Assignment Tests in every theory subject. The Sessional marks for the mid term exams shall be awarded giving a weightage of 14 marks out of 18 marks (75% approx) to that mid term examination in which the student scores more marks and the remaining 4 marks (25% approx.) for other mid term examination in which the student scores less marks. Similarly a weightage of 5 marks (75% approx) out of 7 marks earmarked for assignment tests shall be given for the assignment in which the student scores more marks and remaining 2 marks (25% approx) shall be given for the assignment test in which the student scores less marks. This regulation comes into force for the batch of students admitted from the academic year 2004-2005.
For Drawing subjects, there shall be only two Mid Term examinations in each semester with no Assignment Tests. In the case of such subjects a maximum of seven marks shall be given for day-to-day class work and the remaining maximum 18 marks shall be awarded to the Mid Term examinations taking into account the performance both the Mid Term examinations giving weightage of 14 marks for the Mid Term Examination in which the student scores more marks and the remaining 4 marks for the other mid term examination. A weightage of 5 marks will be given in the total sessional marks of 30 for attendance in all theory and drawing subjects as indicated in 7.1(a).
In the case of Project work, the sessional marks shall be awarded based on the weekly progress and based on the performance in a minimum of two Seminars and the Project Report submitted at the end of the semester. The allotment of sessional marks for Seminars and for day-to-day class work shall be 25 and 25.
NOTE : A student who is absent for any Assignment / Mid Term Exam, for any reason whatsoever, shall be deemed to have scored zero marks in that Test / Exam and no make-up test / Exam shall be conducted.
In the first year, a minimum of 14 out of 20 experiments / exercises specified in the syllabi for laboratory course shall be conducted by the students, who shall complete these in all respects and get the Record certified by the concerned Head of the Department for the student to be eligible to face the University Examination in that Practical subject. Similarly, in each Semester of 2nd, 3rd and 4th years, a minimum of 10 out of 12 experiments / exercises specified in the syllabi for laboratory course shall be conducted by the students, who shall complete these in all respects and get the Record certified by the concerned Head of the Department.
7.1(a). A Weightage in sessional marks upto a maximum of 5 marks out of 30 marks in each theory subject shall be given for those students who put in a minimum of 75% attendance in the respective theory in a graded manner as indicated below:
Attendance of 75% and above but less than 80% - 1 mark
Attendance of 80% and above but less than 85% - 2 marks
Attendance of 85% and above but less than 90% - 3 marks
Attendance of 90% and above but less than 95% - 4 marks
Attendance of 95% and above n - 5 marks
A student, who fails to satisfy either the minimum attendance requirements as stipulated in Clause-7, or the requirement of minimum aggregate sessional marks as stipulated in Clause 5.3, shall be detained. Such a student shall have to repeat the same year / semester as the case may be subsequently and satisfy the above requirements afresh to become eligible to appear for the year-end / semester-end University examination.
9.1. For each theory, design and / or drawing subject, there shall be a comprehensive University Examination of three hours duration at the end of First year / each Semester of 2nd, 3rd and 4th years, except where stated otherwise in the detailed Scheme of Instruction.
Question paper setting shall be entrusted to external examiners from the panels approved by the respective Boards of Studies.
9.2. For each Practical subject, the University examination shall be conducted by one internal and one external examiner appointed by the Principal of the concerned college and the University respectively, the duration being that approved in the detailed Schemes of Instruction & Examination.
A candidate shall be declared to have passed the University Examination in individual subjects if he / she secures a minimum of 40% marks in theory and drawing subjects, and 50% marks in Practical subjects (including Project Viva-voce).
11.1. A student shall be eligible for promotion to II B.Tech. Course if he / she satisfies the minimum requirements of attendance and sessional marks as stipulated in Clauses 5 and 7, irrespective of the number of backlog subjects in B.Tech.
The B.Tech. Degree shall be conferred on a candidate who has satisfied the following requirements.
A Maximum time limit of 8 (eight) years for Four Year B.Tech is prescribed for a candidate to complete B.Tech Degree beyond which the candidate shall not be permitted to appear for the B.Tech Degree examinations.
A candidate who becomes eligible for the award of B.Tech. Degree as stipulated in Clause 12 shall be placed in one of the following Classes.
First Class With Distinction : 70% aggregate* or more.
First Class : 60% aggregate or more but less than 70%.
Second Class : 50% aggregate or more but less than 60%