The Castle School Sixth Form
Application Form and Options Choices for September 2012 Entry
Please refer to prospectus for full details of all courses and entry requirements at www.castle.gloucs.sch.uk.
Please list GCSE or equivalent courses you are studying with grades predicted or obtained
Tutor group and tutor:
What happens next?
Application Deadline - Fri 13 Jan 2012.
Completed options forms to be received at the Sixth Form Centre.
Jan – March 2012 Student interviews - January to March.
Individual appointments with a member of the Sixth Form Team to discuss suitability of Post 16 plans and subject choices will take place between January and March.
Post 16 Induction Day - Thurs 28 & Fri 29 June 2012
Students complete their first lessons in their provisional Sixth Form courses.
Date of Birth:
^ Provisional Courses for September 2012
1. Further Maths: If choosing this, it automatically includes Maths A-level. Do not choose Maths in addition.
^ If choosing to do a Subsidiary Diploma (1 A-level) then choose it in Box B. If choosing a National Diploma (2 A-levels) choose it in Boxes B and C.
3. Students who do not achieve GCSE Grade C in either Maths or English will be automatically entered to re-take these subjects
4. * indicates that this course will be taught at Marlwood School Sixth Form.
5. The ‘option boxes’ above are not finalised until after all student requests have been received in January, and we will try to meet all individual requests for subjects and combinations as far as possible. If the combination you want is not available, please explain in the box provided. We will review the Option boxes but cannot guarantee any change.
6. The viability and running of any course is subject to sufficient uptake and no guarantee can be given that a particular subject or combination of subjects will definitely be available.
7. If, after being accepted to study a certain combination of courses, you later wish to change courses we will do our best to accommodate this change but cannot guarantee availability, as the most popular courses may be full.
Please tell us here about any subject choices you would have preferred: